You can debug your modules to improve performance.
You can enable a trace string so that debugging is enabled for all users. Or you can set a specific cookie so that debugging is only enabled for that user’s cookie.
- Enable tracing via trace string.
- To debug a module or theme, enable portal tracing using the following trace string:
This string loads the modules using separate links and script tags, isolating each one independently. It also loads debug versions of each contribution if the module definition has defined a debug version. Typically, the debug version is an uncompressed version of the <script> tag containing the same data as the normal version.
Both using separate links and using uncompressed <script> tags makes it easier to debug a running Portal environment from the browser.
- Enable tracing using cookies.
- Open WebSphere® Integrated Solutions Console.
- Select Resources -> Resource Environment -> Resource Environment Providers.
- Select the WP ConfigService resource environment provider.
- Click custom properties.
- Change the resourceaggregation.client.debug.mode.allowed entry to true.
- Save the changes.
- Restart the portal server.
When a user sets a cookie named com.ibm.portal.resourceaggregator.client.debug.mode to true, debug versions of module contributions are loaded if defined and modules are loaded using separate links and script tags.